<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, October 16 

West Coastin'.

What a whirl. A 1,000 km whirl.

Scott and I headed out to Revelstoke on Friday for a weekend of food with my family and man did we eat. All freakin weekend... (thank God for those extra notches on belts!) After Revelstoke, we jetsetted off to White Rock to visit my cute-as-a-button Nanie and her hubby. Not only did we get a stellar chance to kick it with her, but she fed us too! There is nothing and I mean nothing better than Nanie's cooking, right Ben?

We decided that we would be full fledged tourists while in Vancity. We'd bring a camera wherever we went, flaunt the the Alberta plate around in style and even pull a few touristy driving moves (like cut people off and turn unexpectedly). We also spent a wad of cash and hit up places like the Vancouver Aquarium, Science World and Granville Island... oh, and Whole Foods.

The Vancouver Aquarium, wow. So not only did I get to see wicked awesome furry little otters but I also got to see whales and dolphins and sea horses and seals and sea lions and fishies and so much more. Funny though, when I was younger, the aquarium looked so much bigger. There were penguins and orcas and octopuses and stuff. I guess when you're smaller, the whole world looks larger, eh?

We hit up the united states of America on Wednesday with a quick trip to a quaint town called La Conner. Washington was funny. It was so blantantly obvious that we had crossed the states. There were fighter jets circling the coast, the food portions were huge and pop was called soda. We took a little trip to Whidby Island and over to Deception Pass. I wasn't too sure what we were going to see but soon found the grandiose bridge that put the two pieces together. This thing was massive and literally came out of nowhere. We chillaxed on the beach on the other side of the bridge and watched the birds, the jets and the waves. Tres relaxing. After our zen, we moved on back up north to Canada and into Bellingham - factory outlet hub of the world. We're not that lucky up here it comes to clothing stores. Sure, we get BCBG and Banana Republic, but I want a little more. And hot dog did I ever get it.

We turn
ed into BellisFair and parked the car outside of Target (say it with a french accent and it makes you feel that much better!) but not before driving very slowly (like, stalker slow) past Macy's and Kohls. Ooooh American stores. We went into the mall and the first window I saw was advertising 37" inseam jeans. WTF. I sure did bust a move on in and try on like every pair of 37" jeans they had and I sure did buy a pair. Seriously. I was jumping for joy. I have been looking for these for like, forever. I almost peed my pants I was so excited. So to make sure that I didn't rush into any crazy decision, Scott made me walk the rest of the mall to see if there was any other place that tickled my fancy. We went into Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister, passed Victoria Secret and then over to Macy's for a quick peek.

$60 US later, we were off to the border to be welcomed with open arms back into Canada. Mmmm Canada.

Science World gave a whole new look to science - a side that I hadn't really thought I would ever see.

Have you ever heard of plastination? Yah me either. The word kinda freaks me out though. For a mere $25 per person, you can walk through the platination exhibit called Body Worlds 3. We went on a Thursday, not thinking that it would be infiltrated with annoying high school kids asking stupid questions and making rude comments about the very much exposed private areas on the cadaver. Ok so at first I was totally wigged out, but the more I was going through it and thinking about it - it was freakin cool - highly controversial and creepy but freakin cool. For example, a cadaver was standing with his (yes, it was very obviously a "him") hands on his waist with his skin all draped over his shoulder. He had no skin on him - you could only see his muscles and bones - seriously - read about it.

We also had the opportunity to hit up a super awesome organic food store called Whole Foods in North Van. Not only did it take an hour and a half to get there in midday Vancity traffic, but it also came with a $60 price tag what with all the organic food we bought. Weird tourist attraction - but wow.

We left my adorable Nanie on Saturday morning and headed to Kelowna to stay in the Haggar mansion for some awesome time with his family. We went for fish and chips with his grandpa and went for brunch in the a.m.

Got home last night after dinner with my fam. Sigh. Lots of kms on ol' Alistair but he's good. It was nice to getaway from the city. I was laying in bed last night listening to the cars on 11th, the druggies yelling at each other and the dicks racing up 17th. It was so quiet where I was sleeping each night for the past week... it's hard to get used to the noises.

1 Comments:

The otters are beautiful

Jenn

Post a Comment