<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Saturday, November 4 

With a will, there might just be a way.

While laying in bed last night, watching the minutes slowly pass, I was carefully planning how I was going to lose 10lbs before the famous Christmas luncheon which the Board puts on for all the Members. Each year, I've purchased a swanky outfit from BCBG but this year I'm going to use my dress from Lindsay's wedding I think. It was cutesy enough for the wedding... I think I can add some random jewelry and voila - I'll have an outfit. And it already fits!

It's funny. I was thinking about doing all these exercises all night and how I was going to do them and how I was going to rock the stairs for a full hour and then do some squats and crunchies, etc. Well, when I actually dragged my lazy ass out of
bed, I was like - jigga wha?? Lost the motivation and the will to do anything. I wanted to curl in front of the tv with my monster bowl of Life cereal and watch reruns of Laguna Beach. But then I quickly snapped out of it and did like, 10 minutes of stairs. Quickly felt tired and uh... did something else less strenuous. I need to like, jump over this workout barrier and jump right into routine. Ha - kinda like the lack of writing for the Calgary Herald. You would think that the goal of feeling better about myself and making money would be enough motivation, eh?

Weak. Dawn and I have this bet that we need to lose 10lbs each by the Christmas luncheon. She's already one up me as she goes to the pool everynight. Granted, it's a wave pool and she just goes down the slides with her daughter, but still. I could rock out at the Talisman but really, who's into that meat-market scene? It's a huge turnoff exercising at a gym when the girls are already buff wearing their itty bitty workout outfits, and the guys are just there to watch those girls. Only slightly unappealing.

There needs to be a place in town where a person like me can workout and not feel super uncomfortable being there. Or am I just suppose to suck it up?

1 Comments:

Bikini Boot Camp Megan! My sister did it and wants to join again. It is a class full of women who don't wear the itsy bitsy glamour wear and they are wanting to learn how to exercise and stay motivated to do so.

You know where to find me if you want the info ......

Post a Comment