<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, December 15 

Awesome way to start the day, don'tcha think?

Ok so it was all good this morning. Seriously - I picked myself up a very-berry bran muffin from Good Earth (which by the way, I still haven't eaten) and started on my way to work for a very busy day at the office.

At about 9th Avenue and 11 Street, I heard the sound of a flapping tire. Yah - a FLAT flapping tire. Well shit. So I pulled into the closest parking lot (at the Kirby Centre) and sulk and well up. I call my dad because no matter what - he's always the first person I call, (what can I say? I'm a daddy's girl!) and he tells me to call AMA. So I hang up and call AMA. Then my brother calls to tell me that he can come but it would take longer than AMA so we left it up to AMA.

I sat in the empty parking lot for 38 minutes until my knight in his white shining truck came ripping into the lot but not before a crazy old man came running out of the Kirby Centre to freak out at me because I was parked in the lot designated for his patrons. I politely told him that I was just in a dire situation with a flat tire and I was just waiting for AMA who had just shown up. He yells at me "THIS IS NOT A PARKING LOT FOR YOUR CAR! I DON'T CARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR CAR!" Ok. Thanks sunshine. So now I'm ticked and welling up even more.

AMA guy gets his trusty equipment and in about 4 minutes, I have my temporary tire on and am back on the road. The AMA guy informed me that in his 25 years of doing what he's doing with AMA, he has never ever seen a key wedged in a tire.

Well shit. I got the tire fixed this afternoon by the kind folks over at Honda Calgary. You know - every year - every freakin year - it never fails. I get a flat.

But thank God for those angels over at AMA - $80 well spent because you know, heaven forbid I have to change my own tire you know. I might, you know, break a nail or something. Heh.

1 Comments:

God damn sister. I had to wait 7 HOURS for my tow truck. Albeit with some unforseen dumbass moves on my behalf. Whatever happened to your car being the perfect car that it is only a few blogs prior to this????

Post a Comment