<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, April 8 

Week two of this.

Ok so like I said, Doc told me to stay off gluten, wheat, and dairy. Maybe stay away from soy too while you're at it. Awesome, eh? So what does this mean? A whole lotta yucky food. Not only did I have to opt out of the chocolate cake the staff had for an employee who was leaving, but I had to opt out of gravy on my turkey and stuffing on the side tonite for Easter dinner. Sigh.

Found a cute little organic grocery store called Planet Organic today which was pretty exciting actually. Such great looking food... too bad most of it had gluten and wheat... and soy. Ended up finding an aisle of all gluten and wheat free food where I stocked up my basket. Who knew organic shopping was so much money...

After some research, I found this cute little cook book called Nearly Normal Cooking for Gluten-Free Eating. The only problem is it's not available on chapters.ca or new on amazon.ca. Regardless, I think if I am about to embark on this wretched lifestyle of flavourless food... I might need to invest in a copy.

If you're one of the lucky-duckies who is actually able to eat this stuff, rock on. Eat a pizza for me, with extra cheese. Or maybe a milkshake - with chocolate in it.

Annyways - on the positive side - Scott bought me a Starbucks Barista coffee machine which allows me to make my ridiculous drinks at home before I go to work... instead of going out in the middle of the day to spend $4.98 on my tasty bevvie. Super wicked. Ever had a lactaid latte? Sound nasty? Yah it was hard to swallow at first but now - mMmmmmmmMmmmMMMMMM....

2 Comments:

Hey Megan, you might want to check this out:

http://www.chebe.com/

What luck - I did have a chocolate milkshake yesterday - here's to ya!

Post a Comment