<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, May 1 

John Mayer.

So I was pretty excited about the concert. I had the tickets on my fridge for a while and each time I went to the fridge, I would get all giggly and excited just thinking about the upcoming concert. I paid a fair amount for the tickets and goddamnit - John is going to perform for me!

Got to the 'Dome about 8 and therefore missing the opening act of Kathleen Edwards - which really wasn't heart breaking. I mean, she's a little too twangy for my liking. Just as we sat down - 4 people come up to us and say "Would you mind moving to row 20? We want to sit with our friends". Well - no. I don't mind in the slightest. That means that we get to move to an unobstructed row which means I am that much closer to Mr Mayer. We excitedly accepted and mosey up 8 rows.

Then John came on the stage. The John Mayer. The John Mayer who is currently dating Jessica Simpson. Now - I'm happy for him, dating the biggest boobs in LA, but I had a hard time concentrating on him knowing that he's shagging Jessica Simpson. Whatevs.

The 'Dome only had 9,000 fans in it which was a little disappointing. I mean, c'mon people. It's John Mayer! He sang, he jammed, he danced and he said it was Saturday - when it was actually Sunday. He also never said "Good Evening Calgary" which artists will do when they come to your city. I have never been to a concert where the artisit didn't say that actually... he must have been really confused.

He sang: No Such Thing, I Don't Trust Myself, Clarity, Waiting on the World to Change, Belief, Gravity, Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, I'm Gonna Find Another You, and of course - Your Body is a Wonderland. Unfortunately he forgot to play Daughters, Bigger than my Body and 3x5. I guess next time...

But after an hour, he was thanking us for coming, introducing the band members and waving his goodbyes. Jigga what? I paid a lot for these - what the crap. Keep playing! He left the stage, was back for 3 encore songs and that was it. Poof. He was gone. It was good - but disappointing that it was so short. I mean, c'mon. Maybe he doesn't know how many albums he actually has under his belt. He could have been up there for hours! Next time, John. Next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment