<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Friday, May 4 

Officially want to live in a small town.

After the (quasi) short 4 hour drive west through the Rocky Mountains yesterday, I was able to park my car in car spot and take a huge breath of fresh air in. There really isn't anything like it - fresh crisp air with the smell of a wood burning fireplace in the distance. There's no sirens, no smog hanging over the mountains; the only thing you hear are the birds and the trains.

Seriously. How does everyone
not live here?

This morning, we woke up and headed out to the Revelstoke Golf Course for a round of golf - yah - 18 holes. Now, let me paint a picture for you so you know what it was like: fresh snow lined the tree line of the mountains, hurricane strength wind and rain. The course was gorgeous: located right beside the Columbia River and tucked away in the trees. After a couple holes, I was done like dinner. Frozen to the core, I would only tee off and then kick my ball to the green where I would show off my putting skills. We had lunch and they continued on for another 9 holes.

I on the other hand went and supported the local economy and shopped the stores. Purchased quite a lovely Ice Breaker sweater which I have been eyeballing for a while now and my monthly magazine.

Now, back at home enjoying the peacefulness of the old house, my gluten/wheat/dairy free brownie and my music. I think we're all going for dinner tonite out on the town and maybe hit up the Halcyon Hot Springs tomorrow.

Until then though, I am going to concentrate on how I can move out here and live away from the frustratingness of the big city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment