<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Sunday, August 19 

I can feel an uncontrolled binge approaching.

Yesterday on my usual weekend jaunt to Planet Organic, I came across the cookie / cracker / chip aisle and couldn't resist taking a gander of what once was ok to eat. You know, for old times sake.

I noticed on a couple of the boxes of crackers it had a label indicating it was an approved product of the National Celiac Association which in essence meant - Megan could eat them! Woot! I got all excited and rowdy, doing a little dance in the aisle until flipping over the box and reading the ingredients which has become habit when I buy anything.

After reading the first couple ingredients... I come across "Milk ingredients: skim milk, cheddar cheese, etc." Nice. I pull another box off the shelf which were a different flavour and noticed the exact same thing... and another and another - until I stood there, with my basket full of bananas and Kids Club cookies on one arm, my purse on the other and 2 boxes of crackers in my hands and begin sobbing.

And not just like - a tear here, a tear there. A full out, uncontrolled snotty sob in aisle 3 which would soon need a clean up.

I think I hit my breaking point yesterday. I've become down-right bored with what I eat on a daily basis. People might not understand what I could get so worked up over, but it's been 4 and a half months of being a super picky eater at restaurants, eating natural or organic food because it doesn't have any random products in it, and of drinking lactaid instead of real moo-juice. Not to mention the lack of ice cream sandwiches (which kills me because my roomies eat them religiously), chocolate bars (oh fuck and Halloween is coming up...), flavoured potato chips, burgers, buns, bread... everything.

It's come with it's bittersweet outcomes though; I have lost 40lbs and 6 inches in my waist which is great, but I have been unable to enjoy what the rest of the population is enjoying. With the temptation of an uncontrolled binge lingering on a regular basis, it's becoming a tougher and tougher devil to fight off.

1 Comments:

There just has to be a website or something that you can find to spice things up no? Is your diet so strict that you can't cheat one odd time?

But Megs ... despite missing out on all of this junk food. Just remember how fabulous you look and how truly happy your body is ....

I am almost ready for you to get me started you know. At least then you will have somebody who will feel your pain. :)

Post a Comment