<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Wednesday, October 10 

Megan's gone corporate... and western.

I started my brand new job on Tuesday as Catering Sales and Meetings Coordinator in the Sales and Events Department at the Roundup Centre and holy mother of sweet jezus... I have never been so intimidated / excited / nervous / overwhelmed as I have been in the past 2 days. Working in the event centre totally has changed my perception of what event coordinators actually do. They like... work their butts off.

So the Stampede is tauted as the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth. How about, a 365-days-of-non-stop-everyday-crazy-events? The amount of events that organization puts on everyday is incredible - and the ladies who organize it? Holy mackerel - they are even more incredible. I'm anxious about the stress factor which is about to be unloaded on me; but at the same time - thrilled to be busy to the point where it's suddenly 5 p.m. and time for me to power down (or power up for a night event).

So anyone who actually thinks that event managers are 'party planners' can shove it. And of course, I mean that in the nicest way possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment