<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Tuesday, March 20 

The Fray.

Finally.

After years of their cd on repeat, I finally see them. I wasn't as close as I had hoped to be but I was there nonetheless.

They were hot. They were great. They were exactly like their cd which was a little disappointing to be honest. I was hoping for a little extra somethin' somethin' during songs. You know, like jams or random riffs. Sure, they did two new tunes and one cover, but I was hoping for more.

Mike - you agree?

Their cd came out in 2005 and finally made their way to the mainstream radio waves this year. Why does it take so long for good music to find it's way north? Aye.

Besides the guy with the huge freakin' fro who decided to stand in front of me, the loud junior high school girls who were only there to hear one song (How to Save a Life), and the security guard (and I use that title loosely) who took my Ginger Ale, it was absolutely brilliant.

Isaac Slade was brilliant. Ben Wysocki was even more brilliant - you should see this guy with his drums. He loves them and it shows on every bit of his face. Not to mention the fact that I can put a real face to the name now (he was the band member who poured his words out to me in an interview for FTM back in 2005).

Anyways - if these guys ever roll into town again - make sure you grab yourself a ticket. Surely a show not to be missed. Maybe by then they'll have a couple more songs on their playlist and play in a larger venue.

(Oh - and Aaron, Vienna was probably the best song they sang - the picture to the left is them singing it)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment