<$BlogRSDURL$>

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Monday, August 6 

My key chain is a couple keys lighter.

Over the past little while, my life has gone into a bit of a 'spring-clean up' of sorts.

Trying to get back into bouldering... not that I was ever a super pro-star at it. It was something I admired from a distance, and tried only a few times. But those few times left a definite hunger for more hence my excitement for getting back into it.

Desperately saving for a place I can call mine but am finding it increasingly difficult in the Calgary market. Unless you've been hiding under a rock, you know the average price of a single family home is now over $500,000. Wtf. It seems that the longer it takes me to put cash away each paycheque, the higher the house prices go and the further out of reach my eventual dream becomes. At times, it feels completely and totally useless and I get this dreaded feeling that I will never hang that "Home Sweet Home" sign. On the other hand, knowing just how hard that goal is - makes me want it that much more.

Of course, still trying to sell Al. How silly is it that one can get so attached to a car? For the love of God - I have issues. I felt like I won the lottery today however when I pulled up all my mats and carpets and vacuumed him; I found $6.76. He knows how to surprise me when I need it most.

In a more dramatic twist on events, I moved out of the condo and into a house in the n.e. with 3 super swell guys. Although it was an incredibly difficult move and change of lifestyle, my new peeps have managed to keep me on my toes. Although, I am kinda missing the power I had as President of the condo board... I was told I wasn't able to be President of the house.

Made friends, lost friends. Witnessed friends getting married, offered a shoulder for those who have split. House-hunted for new places for others, still imagine what my first will look like. The year is only a little over half over - wonder what else will grace my plate with its existence.

2 Comments:

so you arent living with scott anymore?

correct.

Post a Comment